The cable of my fixture is damaged. Can I repair it?
Absolutely. Use the WATERLOCK accessory. The WATERLOCK lets you repair damaged fixture cables. To fix the cable, perform the following steps:
- First make sure that the power supply to the cable is switched off.
- Use small 4/6 mm² screw terminals no larger than 18 mm x 12 mm x 16 mm.
- Cut the cable to size using cable cutters or a wire stripper. Is the cable damaged? Cut past the damaged section.
- Use a fitting screwdriver to loosen the screws on one side of the screw terminal.
- Insert the copper cable wire on one side of the screw terminal.
- When connecting, make sure the entire copper wire is inside the screw terminal, so that only the plastic casing is visible.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 for the other cable. Important: Connect the right colors of the screw terminal together.
- Tighten the screws again.
- Place the screw terminal in the middle of the WATERLOCK. It is filled with gel to ensure a 100% waterproof connection.
- Close the WATERLOCK securely, making sure you hear a “click”.
Important: The WATERLOCK cannot be used to repair in-lite main cables (CBL 14/2 and CBL 10/2).